Monday, November 25, 2013

Loneliness VS Being Alone


Being alone and loneliness are two different things. Recently I have been spending time alone and during my alone time I identified how being alone felt different now, than it felt months ago. It made me realize that there is a difference between being lonely and being alone. I started to write down what it felt like when I experienced loneliness. Here is the list I came up with:

•Lack
•Something is missing
•Depression
•Emptiness
•Incompleteness
•Isolation

I have studied Psychology for the last several years and I have a better understanding that loneliness is a state of mind. Loneliness is an emotion brought on by feelings of separation from other human beings. Loneliness is the feeling that you are alone in the world and that no one cares or is concerned about you. You can be in a house full of people and still be lonely, you can lay next to your spouse every night and still experience loneliness. Loneliness is isolation that is felt very deeply to an individual. Loneliness lead me to attempt suicide, loneliness lead me to react irresponsibly, loneliness lead me to believe that my situation would never change and that NO ONE WOULD EVER UNDERSTAND! Loneliness is a tactic used by the enemy to fulfill his mission to STEAL, KILL & DESTROY!



I have been delivered from the spirit of loneliness, and there are times that I am alone so I jotted down how I felt experiencing my ALONE TIME:

•Fullness
•Completeness
•Freedom to do what you want
•Aliveness
•Expansion
•Being enough


I am a witness that feelings of loneliness leave you feeling empty, hurt, and stagnant. In order to move from loneliness to feelings of being alone, you have to understand that being by yourself is not saying you are not worthy. It is, however, an opportunity to appreciate yourself, grow, and evolve. Use that alone time to get to know yourself again and to develop a relationship with God. Utilize this time to meditate, read your Bible, open up to God about your fears, your flaws and your desires. James 4:8 says "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded."


The Bible also says in Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."
So God can use your loneliness as an opportunity to draw you even closer to him. Learning to be fulfilled with ourselves in his presence. Hearing from Him concerning our lives without interruption. Isn't God AWESOME!? That even during dark periods he can turn it around and make it work for your good. That's why I serve Him...trust Him, and love Him. There is no one like Him in all the world.

If you are experiencing loneliness as a Christian the Bible tells us in Romans 12:2  That we are not to be conformed to this world, "but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." We have to set our minds on the things of God, and continue in our faith and not operate based upon what we can see and feel emotionally. We must Trust that in every situation, God is with us and that he will never leave nor forsake us.



It's your choice how you feel. Will you be alone or feel lonely?


Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment