Thursday, November 21, 2013

I will rejoice

I have learned to accept and come to terms with the known fact that ALL THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON! I am no stranger to seeing God work things out for my good and for His glory. I think about when I was a young child and my parents were addicted to drugs and alcohol. I remember going to church and praying that God would deliver them from their addictions. I remember going to shut-ins as a child and petitioning God to put my family back together. Although it took some time for things to manifest, God answered my prayers. I recognize that the burden to pray is one that I have been blessed with. Even during my times of trouble I recognize that I have cried out for the very people who wish harm upon me. I can't say that I'm always obedient to the things that God instructs me to do, but he placed a burden upon me to pray for my enemies. Its one of the hardest things I've ever done, and even when I finished crying out to the Lord on this persons behalf I questioned WHY DO I HAVE TO PRAY FOR HER???? Matthew 5:44 reads "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (NIV) It is definitely easier said than done, but trust me it is possible. I trust God, and I believe that just like he delivered my parents that I too will be delivered from the hands of the enemy. I SHALL HAVE THE VICTORY! If he did it before he can do it again, and as I rejoiced then, I will again REJOICE!

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment