Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Present

It's been a minute since I contributed to my blog but I know that I was created to encourage others through my writing and I had become discouraged and self conscious about my abilities as an author. But I'm back!!!! And this is what has been laid on my heart....

I had dinner with a friend who reminded me that when living in the past, it is our attempt to keep ourselves from experiencing hurt, disappointment, etc. And at the same time it hinders us from being able to enjoy the PRESENT! As we continue to tell ourselves "oh I'll never let that happen to me again" we occupy ourselves with trying to control the world around us instead of taking things one day at a time. We should take life as it comes and not hold on to the idea that we "might" get hurt. I am guilty of this, but from this day forward I vow to live in the present. I can't allow my past experience keep me from experiencing something GREAT! With that mindset you put on the spirit of PRIDE even thinking that for one minute you are in control of your life... GUESS WHAT???!!! You're not...God is in control of all things and there is a lesson in every blessing...so we shouldn't take any experience for granted! Pride is a silent killer...people think that they are protecting themselves but actually robbing themselves of the "NOW" by trying to control the past and the future. FROM THIS DAY FORWARD I'LL LIVE FOR THE NOW...BECAUSE I KNOW WHO HAS THE POWER...and it ain't me!!! Stay blessed!!!!!

CeeRich


No comments:

Post a Comment